Hey Folks! Sometimes you just need a break! Nevertheless, the show must go on and that means that Afronerd featuring Captain Kirk airs tomorrow at 7pm eastern. Keeping all things terse, join us at the allotted time to discuss these current topics: the Captain and Dburt try to make sense of NY's historic passage of the same sex marriage bill-is it the end of civilization or the future? (your guess is as good as ours); Syracuse University finance professor, Dr. Boyce Watkins (whose Black victimization hustle comes off eerily similar to Dr. Michael Eric Dyson) actually came out strongly against the coonfest depicted at the recent BET Awards; former Illinois governor, Rod Blagojevich was convicted on 17 corruption charges; A 6-figure Citigroup VP is accused of pilfering 19 million dollars (and spending it like there's no tomorrow) and Dburt pontificates on a new book entitled, The Singularity and how it ties into the first Terminator film....somehow. Feel free to call in live at 646-915-9620 or via email/IM at firstname.lastname@example.org. AGAIN...see you at 7pm!
OH and unfortunately, we closed shop on The Shoppe (just for today) but the gang will return in full effect next Tuesday at 7pm. Meanwhile, check out the latest blog posting from The Shoppe's own Daryll B:
Nothing much for me to rage about this week AfroNerd Readers. I think I am holding up all my rage for the Transformers '3' premiere on Wednesday. I hope you all enjoyed Cars 2 with the kiddos over the weekend because, judging by box office, NO ONE went back to see Green Lantern.... Time for some Quick Hits...
1) Thank you for the service and memories Gene Colan:
2) We have a date now... July 29. Now will Marvel's first wave of G4 anime series have the quality?
3) The title of the article says it all but....
I think the 66% fall in the second week for Green Lantern speaks volumes in regards to this one....
4) What is it about Superheroes and Death that has fans so interested?
5) New Season of Futurama Snitches! Here's an interview with Fry himself, Billy West
6) Look.... I am tired of beating up on DC and their "public relations" decisions in terms of stories. *Sigh* Just read this....
7) Finally on a funny note, this is what DBurt has to deal with weekly when he enters the Comic Shop during 'movie season'...
Light week... I think I am getting soft in my old age...no worries Capt Kirk will probably find a way to provoke my anger on Tuesday's show. So until next time AfroNerd Readers, Keep Fantasizing!