Home Page


Monday, June 07, 2010

And Now A Pulp Cultural Update Courtesy of The Comic Shoppe's Daryll B! And Stay Tuned For Tuesday's Show at 7pm ET!



Hello Folks! Well for tomorrow's Comic Shoppe broadcast, we plan to keep it simple. We will, of course, touch on some of the topics listed in Daryll B's discourse (below) as well as discuss our favorite comic reads from last week but we will discourse general comic/sci-fi news: daily Captain America and Thor movie news, why the Boondocks third season (and possibly last) is the best so far, a possible Tim Kring pitch for a Heroes miniseries, the likelihood of comic prices being raised to $5 and lastly, what does the digital release of Invincible Iron Man Annual #1 (for the Ipad) mean for its paper counterpart? So again, join Max, Daryll and Dburt tomorrow at 7pm eastern to discus the aforementioned issues and feel free to call us live at 646-200-0104 or via email/IM-thecomicshoppe@yahoo.com. Make yours the Comic Shoppe!



1) You think Lost fans have recovered yet?

2) Interesting thought about the Green Lantern live action over at Spinoff Online. Have they crammed too much into movie one? http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/06/06/is-green-lantern-already-in-his-second-movie/

3) As a fanatical sports fan and a sci-fi fan this "Star Wars" related World Cup spot is just full of win: http://www.spinoffonline.com/2010/06/04/watch-snoop-dogg-jedi-master-in-this-star-wars-world-cup-spot/ I know now who fired first..I can't believe I missed it the first time!

4) Ok who is the genius that canned Star Wars: Legacy? I loved the adventures of Cade Skywalker, descendant of Luke and if I had my way, his adventures would be the next set of stories for the next trilogy.... well his or Luke's first class at his Jedi Academy. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=26537

5) Inspired by the crazy gals at Fantastic Fangirls and by my own stir craziness in waiting for SHIELD #2, I have to ask which historical time period would be made more awesome with superheroes? http://fantasticfangirls.org/?p=2240

6) Hollywood screws comic-related fun business again! Thanks to the folks at Comics Alliance for this: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/06/04/superhero-panhandlers-outlawed-in-hollywood/

7) Speaking of Comics Alliance, check out some of these renditions of Luke Cage: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/06/05/luke-cage-comic-twart/ Wicked!

8) Movie watching: I liked Prince of Persia, I couldn't get into Splice, and yes I got my tickets to both A-Team and Karate Kid all ready to go.

9) The Boondocks has the best cleanly detailed fight scenes of any animated show on American Television today. Don't agree with me? Watch the episodes "Red Ball" and "Stinkmeaner III: The Hateocracy" and get back to me...

10) Quick animated moment: I have recently been watching Codename: Kids Next Door in chunks and I must say I woefully underrated the show. My only wish is that someone on Cartoon Network finally re-shows the finale "Operation: I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S" sometime over the Summer. I can't find that ANYWHERE.

11) OK it season finale time for Stargate Universe and if you haven't been checking it out, SyFy will be doing an all day season marathon on Friday so set your DVR's.

12) I still pissed that we are not going to have anymore Wolverine and the X-Men...who do I have to blackmail to get another season???

13) I still rocking the 24 and Chuck finales on my DVR.... Both series have their share of detractors but God...they both like visual crack to me. And hell, the Chuck vs Shaw fight I can watch over and over and over....

14) Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye? Where do I sign up for this???
http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/06/04/jeremy-renner-to-set-his-sights-on-hawkeye/

Ok I spent...My thanks to Surfer for having DBurt and myself on his show Sunday at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/what-are-you-reading/2010/06/07/what-are-you-reading-comic-book-show-vol-3-issue-14

Until next time, Afronerd Readers, keep fantasizing!

No comments: