Home Page


Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sometimes Ignorance Has To Be Highlighted For An Alternate Perspective-2 Cases of Male Restraint



Unfortunately, holiday preparedness and festivities were the cause for tonight's Afronerd Radio preemption but I still would like to squeeze in this tidbit for our readers/radio listeners to chew on. I would be remiss if I didn't give the customary (and appropriate) disclaimer that a man should never put his hands on a woman but these clips certainly would make the casual observer scratch his/her head in befuddlement. And I know what you guys are thinking....does this tangentially relate to the Chris Brown-Rihanna incident that occurred earlier this year? I'm also reminded of the Chris Rock, Bring the Pain routine when he posits that the golden rule of there never being a reason to strike a woman might not be completely accurate. He further stated that there could be a reason to strike just about anyone, hence throwing an elderly man down a flight of stairs. I always added a caveat to Rock's joke by stating that the reason for attacking the elderly person makes sense if he's Adolph Hitler. Again....the paradox centers on a plausible reason. Again, I would never allow myself to get caught up in a Chris Brown style situation but what are your thoughts about these two videos? Will we ever get to a place in our culture where we can tell the complete truth about what can transpire between the sexes? Check out the second video:

No comments: