Home Page


Monday, November 30, 2009

Weighing In On the Tiger Woods Matter..........




Unfortunately, it looks like I'm getting sucked into the Tiger Woods spectacle just like other media outlets, but at least I'd like to think that I can have measured discernment to appropriately view this matter in the proper context. It really is a strange thing when something as inane (and mundane) as a simple family dispute (stemming from alleged marital improprieties, if you believe the National Enquirer) has "celebrity salt" thrown on top of it and then it takes on a life of its own. I'm not going to speculate on whether Elin Nordegren attacked Mr. Woods or if his car accident was the result of foul play. I do know this type of situation occurs frequently amongst lesser known families (aka regular folks or the rest of the non-mutant population) and it's shrugged off and treated as a private occurrence. I'm inclined to agree with recent remarks made by actor/director, Clint Eastwood in which he exclaimed that our nation is becoming more "juvenile." I could could go on and on about the media's quest for the next OJ (with White blonde racial subtexts) or the Black community's hesitancy to truly embrace Tiger because of his usage of the term Cablinasian but I'll leave that for the next Afronerd Radio segment. Meanwhile, let's hear from our readers...what's your consensus on this?

No comments: