Home Page


Sunday, February 08, 2009

Hey He Might Not Be An "Afro" Nerd But He's A Nerd That Is Speaking The Truth! Let's Help This Become Viral!



First off, I just came back from my second visit to the NY Comic-Con and I will have a few tidbits to bring up when we broadcast the Comic Shoppe show this Tuesday. I also must confess that as much as I have ascribed to the nerd persona, there were far greater examples at the convention of folks who have truly embraced the nerd/geek aesthetic wholeheartedly. Case in point:



But then there are some nerds that I really dig for....ahem....the obvious:




Oh....it gets deeper for yours truly:



But(t) I digress, the above video appears not to be a put on but depicts the average hip hop consumer. This young man represents the young White suburban (or is it exurban...who knows with this economy) teenage audience that gobbles up this neo-minstrelsy with reckless abandon but even he has seen the truth. I despise acknowledging the inane, but there are probably 30 concurrent rap beefs occurring even as we speak, but the one that has been receiving a certain amount of notoriety is the 50 cent vs Rick Ross blackface battle. Hopefully(?), no one gets hurt, maimed or killed behind this manufactured girlyfight but right now, I'm siding with the young man in the video and his assertion that many of these hip hop artists really are prostitutes. Perhaps it's time to round them up and take them off the street corner-high heels and skirts, notwithstanding. Next Up-Afronerd Radio's broadcast at 7pm.

No comments: