Home Page


Monday, December 15, 2008

Another Cultural Observation Or Dare I say Reflection

Words of wisdom from a Youtube commenter:

sakuraXmoto (1 month ago)

"My dad has this whole thing on tape when it came on TV land years ago.I love this part and I'm 15. Sammy Davis is awesome!"






We will get to more serious fare by the next entry but this dovetails off of my sentiments from the previous post-there's a conspiracy to keep our youth culturally ignorant. I'm not one to dump on the new, however I think that there should be free reign when it comes to critiquing the talentless. Doesn't the above comment by the 15 year old speak volumes pertaining to the need for our artistic greats to be exposed to the youth? This belief that the kids will only buy into the disposable is a fallacy! That's my word for the day....until tomorrow, of course.

No comments: