Home Page


Sunday, November 02, 2008

I Understand the Sentiment But This is An "A" Plus "B" Conversation, Capt. Kirk......I Mean Denny! So You Should C(See) Your Way Out Of It!



I came across the above clip while perusing fellow conservative, Debbie Schlussel's blog. In the interest of full disclosure, Mr. Starks and I mouthed the very same words that William Shatner's character emotes in this clip concerning a certain segment in the African-American community. This lower tier faction insist that Senator Obama's potential presidency shouldn't tangentially mean anything regarding personal behavior or responsibility. The clip is very amusing but is this an internal conversation for the Black community where Whites dare not tread? Perhaps the internal conversation that some in the White community should have could entail the dismantling of perceiving all Blacks as being the same. Perhaps taking off the "tribal binoculars" when viewing Black culture would be a fresh start. I stated my opinion for the record on Ms. Schlussel's site but I would suspect that my meanderings fell on deaf ears. What do you guys think of the above clip? Would Denny Crane give the same speech to a White thug since McCain is in the running? Or does disproportionate Black crime change the argument? Again, a quarter (adjusted for inflation) for your thoughts.

More evidence that debunks the Black monolith:



If Mr. Obama wasn't the shot in the arm that African-American imagery needed, I would (and do, to a certain degree) concur with the young men interviewed in this CNN piece. But despite my conservative leanings, the Republicans (the neo-cons, specifically) dropped the ball the past two terms-time to pass the ball to someone who actually has a mean three-pointer. Let's hope that he at least remains in the center position-it worked for Clinton.

No comments: