Home Page


Monday, January 21, 2008

Catching My Breath, Taking a Break and Back on Message! OH & Happy MLK Day by the way!



Happy Dr. Martin Luther King Day to our readers, radio listeners, supporters and even our detractors! Please accept my apologies for being incognegro but I needed to take a break for the week to reflect, rejuvenate my creative juices and to rest. Having said all of that, I would be remiss if I didn't mention a few words as it relates to one of my heroes, Dr. King. As I was channel surfing this evening between Kyle XY, The Sarah Connor Chronicles and The Hillary/Obama SC slugfest, one must be ever cognizant that our current political landscape is the very embodiment of Reverend King's dream. How proud would he have been to bear witness to man of African descent, a female and up until recently, a Latin-American vie for the presidency-with a legitimate shot at accomplishing the goal? I also think as the above Boondocks episode so eloquently demonstrates, that Dr. King would be gravely disappointed with some of the neo-minstrel and prurient strains present in popular African-American imagery. So suffice it to say, in the forty years since his tragic death-there is still a lot of work to do. Let's pay homage by not only remembering his message but also being his message. It's time to stand up and discard the tired excuses-it's history time folks!

No comments: