Home Page


Monday, November 12, 2007

Remind me to never walk into the Lion's Den-I'll bring a Batarang next time on tonight's Afronerd Radio show-7:30pm(eastern)



We're a bit off schedule this week but I assure you that we will get back on track as fast as Barry Allen (or perhaps a better example would be Stanley Stewart). Next up-we're going to do a special 90 minute broadcast of Afronerd Radio (starting at 7:30pm tonight/eastern) stemming from a Friday night call I made to another BlogTalkRadio show, entitled The Elle Word. After calling the show, my "lion's den" reference couldn't be any more apropos. And the only person that I can lay blame to this faux pas is yours truly. I simply perused Blog Talk's home page and noticed that the Dog the Bounty Hunter mishap was going to be discussed on this program. When I spoke to the show's host(s)-I was quickly mischaracterized as an apologist for Dog/Duane Chapman and my point about people of color paying for the sins of a minstrel image industry was lost. After the broadcast I made a closer inspection of Elle's website and low and behold it's flavoroflove.blogspot.com Again, I literally walked into the lion's den and here is a link to the show in question (save yourself the trouble and fast forward to approx. 30 min. into the show for my infamous call):

The Elle Word Meets Afronerd

It's my turn this time and we will discuss their show, my thoughts (and mistake) as well as a modified Week in Review segment (returning to its regular Thursday slot)-I will cover last week's NPR appearance, oprah's capitulation regarding her South African school and Nicky Barnes' call into question the authenticity of American Gangster. So let's get into it-remember the show is 7:30pm/eastern tonight-call us live at: 646-915-9620 or IM/email (afronerdradio@yahoo). Be there, Be Square and not a minstrel.

No comments: