Home Page


Wednesday, October 17, 2007

How my prior fitness entry ties in with Dr. Cosby's (and Dr. Ian Smith) message-No More Excuses!



I was recently contacted by Dr. Ian Smith's publicist (of BET's Meet the Faith and Celebrity Fit Club) for an interview regarding his latest effort-the 50 million pound challenge. I will post a transcript of the interview shortly after it takes place but it reminds me yet again, we really have no excuses. Whether it's our socio-economic dysfunctionalism or disproportionate obesity rates, taking a look at the following two elder fitness buffs totally debunks the notions of victimization and excuses. The video above is of a Oakland bodybuilder named "Diego" who is 62 years of age-not old in my book but gets the label of someone who is of advanced age. Again, he has a phenomenal physique and reminds me that....there are no excuses. Next (below) video showcases Morjorie Newlin, a female bodybuilder who is a grandmother closing in on 90 and in incredible shape-perhaps a better physique than a person a 1/4 her age! No excuses folks! I can't make any and I suggest you do the same.

No comments: