Home Page


Monday, August 27, 2007

Just when I thought that I was out they pull me back in.....and if you haven't guessed it, Chris Rainey is a Dumb@#s!



If the gentleman's do-rag didn't give it away, he is yet another foolish football player (college level, this time..heaven help us if he makes the pros) who would be better off just keeping his mouth and private proclivities quiet. I was just paying my daily visit to fellow conservative, Debbie Schlussel's blog when she highlighted the young "man's" recent comments about preferring to date White women and went as far as dubbing himself a white girl man. Oh and the football player in question is Chris Rainey, running back for the University of Florida Gators. I'm pretty sure that our readers know that I view preferential dating by anyone as a sign of ignorance and primitivism.

Note to the class-I detest primitivism. I would be dishonest if I didn't find many types of women attractive. But should one make proclamatory statements about dating habits? I also do not tolerate forced tribalism. This can be displayed by some of Ms. Schlussel's commenters, who take statements by lower tier people of color and transpose them to all Black folk. I could care less because it truly is a an exercise in futility. But I must remain undeterred in our quest to showcase the many different facets of Blackness and that one person does not and should not be in a position to represent an entire race of people. But then this is just pedantic...we have bigger fish to fry. Check out what the peanut gallery has to say about one fool's remarks:

Football Player: No Brown Sugar - "I'm a White Girl Man"

P.S. It looks like we can throw hip hop producer, Polow da Don on the George Foreman grill for similar remarks. Again, an individual should date who he/she wants to date but making statements that one set of people are better than another group displays ignorance to the nth degree. Check out Eurweb's take on the Polow mess:

POLOW DA DON LOVES HIM SOME WHITE WOMEN

No comments: