Home Page


Friday, April 06, 2007

And Speaking of Black Rockers.....



I think sometime in the near future I will really focus on my disdain for the current music scene and how there appears to be a definite dearth in real musicianship. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stuck on old times-I just want to know who is going to carry the banner for performing soulful and heartfelt music. Where will the next Prince, Stevie Wonder or Duke Ellington come from? Our current standards in music just will not allow such a person. Well...I'll ponder that dilemma in an upcoming entry. I guess I have to settle for the standards...Check out Prince with the inscrutable Nikka Costa as they perform Push and Pull from the Live at the Aladdin dvd. Also as an added treat-check out a cover of some Prince tunes by a parisian fan club (NPG Party)......not bad...not bad....pay close attention to one of my favorite songs, She's Always in My Hair...again, not bad but not Prince. Happy Holidays people!

No comments: