Home Page


Thursday, February 01, 2007

Someone should Biden their tongue......ok that was a bad pun



I'm pretty sure many of you are vaguely aware of recent comments made by Senator Joseph Biden that essentially were meant to compliment Barack Obama but instead went into the inevitable racial territory that seems to be quite fashionable these days. In an interview with the NY Observer, Biden made observational remarks about several Democratic presidential hopefuls, but when it came to Obama, he came down with a case of footinmouth disease. Ol' Joe stated, "You got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy... I mean, that's a storybook, man." My, isn't he special?-If I were Dana Carvey's Church Lady, I couldn't say it any better. As we go deeper into the 21st century, it amazes me the lack of sophistication that our citizens (civil servants included) continue to demonstrate. But as the official vendor for Bill Cosby's Truth Serum for the Masses, I could care less about the Joe Bidens of the world. I'm more concerned about combating the 24 hour media minstrel show that coexists with my beloved bourgeoisie fraternal(and sorority) order. It's the aesthetic of underclass Black tomfoolery and ineptness (with a good dose of fresh baked racism) that can impede Mr. Obama's presidential plans. The more complacent people of color are, regarding media perceptions, the easier it is for Biden (and others) to casually contend that the Obamas of the world are rare museum artifacts. Click on the links below for more on the Biden faux pas:

Some Day, Hipsters Will Wear "Biden '08" T-Shirts as an Ironic Statement


Biden Explains, Apologizes for Controversial Remarks


Joe Biden's Obama drama

No comments: