Home Page


Saturday, November 04, 2006

Et tu Kanye?



This video really speaks for itself. I think hiphop(if not the personalities that produce the music) is imploding. For the last few years, Mr. West has been heavily lauded as the savior of conscious rap music. I don't think so. It pains me to think that so many of these artists are delusional regarding their questionable talent and the level of their importance in the grand scheme of things. We are not talking about Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, Jimi Hendrix or Stevie Wonder here. Just a popular beat maker. Again, the level of musicianship is minimal at best....but he has a voice. No one ever told him to be graceful if you lose. Someone may confuse my rants as being anti-hiphop. I miss how hiphop used to be. Wow, how low have we gone. In an upcoming post I will revisit, Lisa Fager's Industry Ears campaign to add balance if not to diminish this ignorant musical imagery.

No comments: